Destination weddings are not exactly a modern trend and have been popular for a decade or so now. Despite the consistent rise in popularity, this sort of a wedding is not the easiest to have because there comes into play many factors that a couple must take care of to have a wedding in another state or country.
When it comes to a destination wedding, you have to consider your guests as well. Knowing that you will be travelling to another country or state, you have to consider if your guests will have that time to attend your wedding. And, that is just one of the factors that you have to deal with.
If a couple wants to have a destination wedding in any of the wedding reception venues in Melbourne, there are some tips that they must keep in mind to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
TIPS TO FOLLOW IN A DESTINATION WEDDING
1. A wedding planner agency can do wonders: Even if you are not venturing far from the tried and tested path, a reliable wedding planner can help you to negotiate a travel agent, airfare rates, make proper hotel accommodations, and other necessary arrangements better than someone inexperienced.
2. Managing expectations of guest turn up: Unless you provide the means of guests to arrive at the destination, some of them might not attend your wedding. Melbourne is not the most cost-effective place for guests to travel from another country, so the responsibility to arrange appropriate mode of transport falls on your shoulders.
3. Add extra activities beyond the wedding ceremony: Remember guests arriving from a different state or country, which likely means that they have taken time off from their work to attend your wedding. Treat your guests to additional attractions in Melbourne like giving them a tour of the MCG cricket ground, going shopping at Queen Victoria market, organize a wine tasting getaway at Puffing Billy Railway, etc.
4. Count the additional cost: The couple should not only cover their own travel and accommodation expenses, but also of their guests. An exotic marriage requires you to reserve hotels, resorts, cars. etc. well in advance for the convenience of the guests. Include all of these costs in the wedding planning phase itself or you may go out of the budget.
5. Take care of each other: This advice goes to the couple that is getting married. Amidst the hustle and bustle of planning a wedding, both of you might fail to give each other proper attention. So, like always, tell your partner how special they are and how much you are looking forward to spend the rest of your life with each other.
Even the most well planned and organized wedding may fall flat when a couple makes some of the common mistakes while planning their wedding. We hope you keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and have a fantastic time getting married!